Sunday, January 27, 2013

not so scrapping weekend

This weekend, I set off on one of my "suite retreat" scrap-booking weekends.  I began doing these with Julie's sister Laura a few years ago.  This weekend I invited Tracy to join me with Laura.  It was a horrible to day to drive Friday.  The trip to Columbiana (that usually takes me 1.5 hours) took over 2.5 with several cars off the road.  Tracy laughed as I would yell "ahhhhhhh" when switching lanes in the snow.
Tracy thought that "scrapbooking" was a code for a girls weekend away and I teased her when I found out she didn't bring anything to work on.  I planned on working on getting this blog ready to print for 2012.  So all I needed was my laptop.   When we arrived, would you believe it, my laptop didn't make it.  I somehow managed to leave it in the garage right before we left.
So, instead of working on what I had planned.... we did indeed make it a relaxing, girly weekend.  From visits to the inn's hot tub, to a Twilight movie marathon, to mani's and pedi's at the local mall, to great meals.... our weekend was fun and a comedy of errors.  In some ways, I know that God works in mysterious ways, and it was His plan that I not have my laptop this weekend.
scared during the drive!
we don't STOP in Columbiana.... we WHOA!
 NOT our room................................ and what our room looked like!

 

 girls being silly!

NOT