Monday, March 12, 2012

a little bit from Florida

Yep.  The kids and I are in Florida.  It was kind of a last minute trip, but so far a nice one.  We had intended to come down and visit when the kids were on spring break in April, but since Monika and the kids would be in school and work... we decided to come down and spend THEIR spring break with them.  My sister would be alone with the kids because my mom was headed out to Peru and Arnold would be at work on a buisness trip.  It is meant to be sister time. 
So far we had a jam packed weekend catching up with family.  We spent time with my mom, and family.  We also headed out to visit my uncle Miguel and Tia Becky.  We met their new grandson Theodore (of course Isa loved him!).  Then on Saturday we attended my cousin's daughter's 2nd birthday party followed by an adult dinner out to El Novillo (a Nicaraguan restaurant).  Sunday we took the kids to the pool and hung out. 
Here are a few pics from our time so far.
 Today, Monday, it's just me and my sis with the kids. Lots of laughter, some relaxing moments, and lots of talking. We took a bike ride to one of their community parks. We are loving this weather and the time together. In the evening, we took the kids to the theaters to see The Lorax.  WOW.  The movie was fantastic and they kids came out saying it was their favorite movie ever.  There were even some tears shed by a few of the sentimental lil ones =).
The cousins get along so well and are having a blast.  We are looking forward to more relaxing days like this.